Proven performance for fast, accurate measurements.
The Atomlab 500 can be used for a wide variety of nuclear medicine, PET and radioimmunotherapy applications, with proven performance for fast, accurate measurements. The system consists of a low pressure ionization chamber, electrometer with extraordinary linearity, and an auto-ranging color touchscreen display. Additionally, there are advanced, but easy-to-use programs for nuclear pharmacy.
Activity measurements are performed by the microprocessor controlled electrometer located within the chamber assembly. The chamber is shielded with .25" (6.3 mm) lead. It can be located up to eight feet away from the display unit. Chamber bias is generated by an electronic high voltage supply, eliminating the need for expensive battery changes.
Every element of the design and technical development will increase dose accuracy, department productivity and regulation compliance. The attractive and intuitive human interface guides the user through each operation. Software can easily be updated via the Biodex website or by using a convenient USB memory device.
In addition to powerful self-diagnostics, the Atomlab 500 includes an exclusive chamber monitoring technology to ensure longer life and accuracy. Integrated pressure and temperature sensors feedback data so that the influence of gas pressure change will not affect an accurate reading.
The system is easy to use. There are 12 isotope selection touch keys pre-programmed for the most commonly used radionuclides. Any of those keys can be reprogrammed by the user for a desired isotope. There are 98 isotope-specific dial values listed in the library. Dial values can easily be changed if required.
Activity is displayed on the color display in either Curie or Becquerel units. Background correction is performed at the touch of a button. Range selection is automatic, from .01 microcurie to 100 Curies of Tc-99m or 25 Curies of F-18.
The Atomlab 500 has been designed to make life easier. The extensive selection of quality assurance applications streamlines and simplifies hot lab administration requirements. The system stores and decay corrects multiple reference sources and compares the measured activity to the calculated activity for the daily constancy test.
Linearity tests can be performed in the traditional manual method or by a fully automated program that allows for readings from a source to be taken, and automatically recorded at specified intervals. The system will graph the results.
The attenuation tube test for linearity can be performed using software that will guide the user through the procedure, store the values and make all calculations.
Atomlab Dose Calibrators have a reputation for being extremely accurate. Biodex and chamber manufacturer Sun Nuclear Corporation have participated in the isotope program sponsored by National Institute of Standards and Technology. Each month a certified isotope is received from National Institute of Standards and Technology and is measured in the Atomlab™ Dose Calibrator, producing direct traceability to National Institute of Standards and Technology.
Commercial Nuclear Pharmacy
The Atomlab 500 Dose Calibrator features a nuclear pharmacy "Dose Calculation Screen" to meet the needs of a commercial nuclear pharmacy. All the information needed to draw doses efficiently is readily available on one screen. The feature easily performs pre- and post-decay calculations, volume calculations for specific times and isotope changes all with minimal screen touches. No calculators needed! Atomlab Dose Calibrators can read up to 100 Curies of Tc-99m, thereby eliminating the need for an aliquot preparation, a significant time saver every time a generator is milked.
Ethernet and serial port to communicate with most commercially available nuclear medicine management systems. USB connectivity for external monitor, printer and software upgrades.
An extensive selection of quality assurance applications streamlines and simplifies hot lab administration requirements
- Windows® 10 Operating System
- Microsoft SQL Database
- Communicates with most commercially available NM management systems via Ethernet or Serial Port
- Pre-programmed for 98 most commonly used radionuclides; any 12 can be conveniently touch selected
- Extensive Isotope Libraries
- Automatic range selection up to 100 Curies of Tc-99m or 25 Curies of F-18
- Ultra-fast response
- Displays in Curies or Becquerels
- USB connectivity for external monitor, printer, and software upgrades
- Report and label printers available
- Small footprint economizes workspace
- Upgradeable at any time to include a wipe test counter
- Two-year warranty
- All-In-One Flat Panel Touchscreen Display with Windows 10 Operating System and USB connectivity
- Auxiliary Ports: USB and RS-232
- Isotope Selection Keys: Twelve pre-programmed – Tc-99m, Tl-201, I-123, I-131, Cs-137, Co-57, Xe-133, Ga-67, In-111, F-18, Y-90s, Ba-133 and a full alphabetical list of 98 isotopes.
- Activity Range: 0.01 µCi to 100 Ci (.0004 MBq to 3700 GBq) of Tc-99m or 25 Ci of F-18
- Energy Range: 25 keV to 3 MeV photons
- Response Time: One to two seconds for doses greater than 200 µCi; three seconds for doses greater than 20 µCi; 50-100 seconds below 20 µCi of Tc-99m with default threshold; threshold adjustable to reduce counting time
- Electrometer Linearity: ± 1% or 0.2 µCi, whichever is greater, up to 40 curies of Tc-99m, ± 1.5% up to 100 curies of Tc-99m
- Electrometer Accuracy: ± 1% or 0.2 µCi, whichever is greater
- Overall Accuracy: ± 3% or 0.3 µCi, whichever is greater; overall accuracy is affected by such factors as the accuracy of the specific source calibration, geometric variations due to sample volume or configuration, detector linearity, electrometer accuracy and readout accuracy
- Repeatability: ± 0.3% above 1 mCi short term (24 hr); 1% long term (one yr)a
- Unit: Well-type pressurized ionization chamber, with Argon fill gas
- Dimensions: 6" dia x 15.5" h (15.24 x 39.37 cm)
- Well I.D.: 2.75" dia x 10.5" h (7 x 26.7 cm)
- Well I.D. with Liner: 2.5" dia x 10.25" h (6.35 x 26 cm)
- Shielding: .25" (6.3 mm) lead on all sides except top well opening; supplementary shielding available
- Linearity: ± 1% or 0.2 µCi, whichever is greater
- Weight: 35 lb (16 kg)
- Power Requirements: 100 to 240 VAC, 0.38 – 0.15 amps, auto switching
- Certification: ETL listed to UL 60601-1 and to CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 601-1-M90 IEC 60601-1, IEC 60601-1-4 and IEC 60601-1-2 and CE marked
- Warranty: Two years parts and labor
|086-330||Atomlab™ 500 Dose Calibrator
Includes: Smart Display, ionization chamber, RS-232 port, vial/syringe dipper and well insert.
|086-341||Printer, Label, Dymo
Includes one roll 086-343 labels, two rolls 066-344 labels
|086-334||Cable, European to Wall Outlet|
|086-242||Replacement: Vial / Syringe Dipper|
|086-241||Replacement: Well Insert|
|086-343||Replacement: Large Blank Label (300/roll) - For Dymo Printer|
|086-344||Replacement: Small Radioactive Labels (260/roll) - For Dymo Printer|