This general purpose, handheld analog ratemeter supports operating two separate radiation detectors. A switch allows the user to select between the internally mounted GM detector with an exposure range of 0 - 20 mSv/h (0 - 2000 mR/hr) or an external GM or scintillator detector of choice (see table below).
The cast aluminum instrument housing, with its separate battery compartment and accompanying metal handle, offer an industrial robustness and quality that promote long-lasting protection and instrument life. The front-panel controls include a rotary switch for selecting the five-decade range and instrument shut-off, an audio on/off switch, a fast/slow response switch, a high voltage display button, and a battery test button.
The analog meter face comes in a variety of options to support the measurement units and ranges for the additional external detector selected. A one meter (39 in.) straight type detector cable with "C" style connector is included in the price of the instrument.
Satisfies NRC requirements for nuclear medicine departments
- Monitors alpha, beta, and gamma
- 0-2 R/hr range
- External pancake GM probe with dose filter (39" cable included)
- Internal energy compensated GM detector
- Five counting scales (x0.1, x1, x10, x100, x1000)
- Compatible Detector: GM
- Meter Face: 0-2 mR/hr, 0-2 mR/hr, 0-6.6k cpm
- Meter Face Dimensions: 2.43" l x 1.43" w (6.1 x 3.6 cm)
- Multiplier Ranges: x0.1; x1; x10; x100 for external detector; x1000 for internal detector
- Internal Detector: Energy-compensated GM, for high range gamma detection only; 2000 mR/hr
- Reset: Push button to zero meter after over-range exposure
- Sensitivity: 2100 cpm/mR/hr for Cs-137
- Batteries: Two each, size "D", typical life 600 hours
- Dimensions: 8.5" l x 3.5" w x 6.5" h (22 x 9 x 16.5 cm)
- Weight: 3.5 lb (1.6 kg) including batteries
Pancake GM Probe:
- Indicated use: Alpha, beta, and gamma surveying; sample counting
- Detector: Pancake type halogen quenched GM
- Window: 1.7 ±0.3 mg/cm2 mica with dose filter
- Window Diameter: 1.75" (4 cm)
- Window Area: 15.5 cm2 active, 12 cm2 open
- Efficiency (4pi): 5% for C-14, 22% for Sr-90/Y-90, 19% for Tc-99, 32% for P-32, 15% for Pu-239
- Dimensions: 1.8" h x 2.7" w x 10.7" l (4.6 x 6.9 x 27.2 cm)
- Weight: 1 lb (0.5 kg)
- The GM pancake detector has a significant over-response at lower energies, producing dose measurement errors. The dose filter flattens the response to within ± 20% referenced to 137Cs (662 keV) over the energy range of 20 keV to 1.2 MeV.
|48-1611||Model 14C General Purpose Survey Meter
Includes: Internal Energy-Compensated GM Detector, External Pancake GM Probe with Dose Filter, cable and mounted check source (Cs-137, .25 µCi)
|47-1539||Model 44-9 Alpha-Beta-Gamma Detector|