Radioactive iodine (I-131) is considered the gold standard treatment for hyperthyroidism in cats. It is very safe and effective, with a cure rate of approximately 97% with one treatment. For the small number of cats that do not return to normal thyroid function following one treatment, a second treatment is typically curative.
GMS NZ supplies I-131 Unit Doses as a safe and cost effective way for your clinic to provide this treatment.
- The I-131 doses are ready to inject and calibrated for the time of treatment.
- Doses can be shipped Monday-Friday nationwide and delivered to your clinic as requested on order form (I 131 Cat Dose Order Form)
- Ordering deadline is 1 week prior to delivery. Please note if you require an urgent dose please contact us directly and we will endeavour to accommodate you.
- As a total solution to provide this treatment we also supply survey meters, lead bricks, lead lined sharp bins and other radiation safety equipment.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our friendly team who will be more than happy to assist you.
Note: you will need an ORS license to provide this treatment (ORS Link).