The hood can also be completely closed and used for storage. Preparation Enclosure features built-in electrical outlets.
Connects to External Ductwork
The Lead-Lined Preparation Enclosure is designed for applications that require handling gaseous radioactive materials. The interior provides ample floor space. A large lead glass window and halogen light allow safe and unobstructed viewing. The enclosure opening has an adjustable shield that creates access ports. A swing down shield covers the ports when not in use.
Gaseous materials are directed by a baffle (eliminating dead space) through a stainless steel chimney. The chimney is connected to external blowers (not supplied) and ductwork (not supplied). The blowers create a negative pressure preventing gas leaks.
- Dimensions: 36" w x 24" depth x 30.5" h (91.4 x 61 x 77.5 cm)
- Interior Floor Space: 31" w x 19" depth (78.7 x 48.3 cm)
- Lead Shielding: .25" thick (.64 cm)
- Adjustable Shield: 12" w x 10" h x .5" thick (30.5 x 25.4 x 1.3 cm)
- Exhaust: 6" dia (15.2 cm) chimney, fixed upper and adjustable lower baffles. Blower and filter not included
- Lighting: 110V Halogen lamp with two 25 watt bulbs, UL listed.
- Lead Glass Window:
- Dimensions: 34.5" w x 11.8" h x .75" thick (87.6 x 30 x 1.9 cm)
- Density: 5.05 g/cm3
- Finish: # 3 brushed, stainless steel
- Weight: 733 lb (332 kg)
|244-110||Lead-Lined Radio-Isotope Storage Cabinet: 63.5 cm Lead|
|244-111||Lead-Lined Radio-Isotope Storage Cabinet: 12.7 cm Lead|
|244-112||Lead-Lined Radio-Isotope Storage Cabinet: 2.54 cm Lead|